Brush off loose dirt.
• Hose down.
• Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Woolite or Dawn dishwashing liquid.
• Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
• Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
• Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
• Air dry.
• May not require re-treatment depending on the age of the fabric.
Heavy Cleaning for Stubborn Stains And Mildew:
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. To clean stubborn stains:
• Prepare a solution of 1 cup bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per gallon of clean water.
• Soak the affected area in the solution for 15 minutes.
• Blot stain with a sponge or clean towel.
(Note: This step should be avoided when cleaning the coated side (backside) of Sunbrella SeaMark, Plus, Supreme, or Clarity.)
• Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
Retreating Sunbrella Fabrics:
Sunbrella fabrics are treated with proprietary water and stain repellent finish that is designed to last for several years but may require replenishing after a thorough cleaning. Glen Raven® recommends 303® Fabric Guard™, available in the United States, and Tex’Aktiv, available internationally.
• Clean Sunbrella fabric, using one of the cleaning methods.
• Allow Sunbrella to completely air dry.
• Apply retreatment in a well-ventilated area following instructions on the container.
• Air dry.
Protect the area around the Sunbrella fabric when using a bleach solution – bleach may discolor non Sunbrella fabrics. Always rinse Sunbrella thoroughly to completely remove bleach. Please be aware of the environment when cleaning with bleach. Bleach can have harmful effects on the natural environment around you. We do not advise using bleach if you are surrounded by a body of water or another environment that could be affected. Sunbrella should only be allowed to air dry. Use of bleach and/or advanced age of the fabric application may impact the deterioration of the sewing thread and other non-Sunbrella components.
Disclaimer: We have made an effort to provide fabric images that closely represent the fabric colors. However, due to all the possible variants such as light source, monitor quality, etc., we can not guarantee that the fabric images accurately represent the true fabric colors. Please take this into consideration if you are trying to color match materials.