We refurbish vinyl tack trunks for Phoenix West, Warners, and other brand tack trunks for customer application. The replacement vinyls are for customer application (DIY) to save time and money! The standard package is for the front and 2 sides. Replacing the top of the trunk is additional. All replacement vinyls come with molding strips so you can apply them to the tack box.
Reface Worn or Tired Looking Vinyl Tack Trunks – We Can Help:)
Does your tack trunk look tired or worn out? Well, we can help you repurpose your worn or tired-looking tack trunk to look new again! Learn more HOW TO ORDER REPLACEMENT VINYLS
Our replacement vinyls are for customer application (DIY) to save time and money! The standard package is for the front and 2 sides. Replacing the top of the trunk is additional. All replacement vinyls come with molding strips (chrome or brass) so you can apply them to the tack box.
Note that we do not charge a customs fee to refurbish a Phoenix West or Warners Tack Trunk.
Standard Tack Trunk Sizes for Phoenix & Warner Tack Boxes
Small Trunk Size: Length 32″, Width 18″, Height 18″
Medium Trunk Size: Length 34″ Width 20 & 3/4″, Height 19 1/2″
Large Trunk Size: Length 38 1/2″, Width, 23 3/4″, Height 22 1/4″
1) Measure your tack trunk is necessary so we understand what you are trying to refurbish. Follow our measuring guide below on steps to measure the trunk you want to re-vinyl.
2) Send us your logo if you want it on the face of the tack trunk, preferable in vector artwork format. If you do not have a vector artwork format or do not have a logo, we can help you create a new horse logo or barn logo.
3) What colors do you want? Does your barn have specific colors they prefer you to use?
4) Do you have existing artwork or we can help you make your logo? If not, you can use our Stock art as an option for a logo
5) Last, we suggest you pick out a border or for a fancy look, add piping to each side of the vinyl surface. Lettering options are provided or you can send us your own fonts to use for Monogramming.
Follow these easy instructions to apply the replacement vinyls yourself.
If you are only replacing one panel, only remove the molding on that side of the trunk. After you remove the necessary vertical corner molding, the horizontal molding must be cut at the corners with a pair of tin snips or metal cutters. Then follow the steps below for replacing the panel(s).
1) Remove the corner vertical molding pieces, followed by the two ¾” horizontal strips next to the top and bottom wood bumpers of the trunk. Remove the handles if you’re replacing the end panel(s). Remove the securing staples and peel off the vinyl panels from the trunk.
2) Attach the new panel with the wood backing, one surface at a time, with the surface you are doing horizontal with the ground. (Face Up) Secure the panel with 4 of the small banding nails. This is just to hold the panel in place while you attach the molding.
3) Attach the ¾” horizontal molding with the banding nails provided. Do this on all three sides if needed. Then attach the 90-degree vertical corner molding using the ¾” nails provided.
4) On the end panel(s) you must attach the handles: Do this by drilling through the three holes already in the trunk from the handles you removed on your old trunk. Drill through with a ¼” drill bit. Then hammer in the 10/32 T-Nuts provided, in the holes from the inside of the trunk. Then screw on the handles from the outside using the 10/32 x 1 ¼” flat head machine screws provided. Do not over tighten screws
5) Adding logos are quoted separately